Title: Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group Invests in Future of Beef Industry
Ten $1,500 National Cattlemen’s Foundation Scholarships Awarded to Students Pursuing Beef Industry Careers
Phoenix, Ariz. (Feb. 1, 2018) – Ten $1,500 scholarships have been awarded by the National Cattlemen’s Foundation to outstanding students pursuing careers in the beef industry in the next school year. These scholarships are sponsored by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group (CME).
Also receiving a trip to the 2018 Cattle Industry Convention & NCBA Trade Show in Phoenix, Ariz. Jan. 31 – Feb. 2 as the overall winner of the scholarship was Abbey Schiefelbein, a high school senior from Kimball, Minn. Abbey wrote an essay for her scholarship entry titled “The Importance of Transparency.”
The other nine students each earning $1,500 CME scholarships from NCF were:
- Brooke Berendsen, Montana, Montana State University
- Mason Bishop, Texas, Clarendon College
- Sydney Bowman, High School Senior, Fort Lupton, Colo.
- Lucas Brock, Georgia, University of Georgia
- Ryan Callahan, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University
- Bridger Gordon, High School Senior, Whitewood, S.D.
- Cale Hinrichsen, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University
- Ty Montgomery, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University
- Morgan Scilacci, Kansas, Kansas State University